We are cancelling all regular classes across all programs in response to the current outbreaks of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Classes will be cancelled starting today 3/15/20, tentatively through 3/30/20, approx. 2 weeks. We are not doing this based on fear or to be overly reactionary. We feel that the disease will tax the system, particularly our healthcare system. Although government authorities have not communicated clearly, we will follow the advice of the public-health scientists and biosecurity and infectious-disease experts. It seems that the best strategy to help our community and country is to slow down the spread of the virus in order for the healthcare system to be more prepared to respond. This means more beds, staff, and a vaccine. We want to be part of our community’s solution.
This is an extremely difficult decision to make as a small business, but we are dedicated to providing a safe training environment and contributing to the long term well being of the community. We need our communities support in order to stay open and continue providing the services you like we have been for the past 8 years.
We are offering several options to continue your training, modified with emphasis on personal health and group risk aversion.
- You can choose to allow your membership to continue as normal (billing or prepay). You will be able to take advantage of small group training, online video lessons, and any private lessons you have previously purchased. If you choose this option you don’t have to do anything, just watch for email / social media updates.
- You can choose to allow your membership to continue as normal (billing or prepay), and request the 2 weeks of training added to the end of your current membership. Please request this by emailing email@example.com. You will also be able to take advantage of small group training, online video lessons, and any private lessons you have previously purchased.
- You can choose to allow your membership to continue as normal (billing or prepay), and request a free private lesson in exchange for the 2 weeks with an instructor of your choice. Please request this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also be able to take advantage of small group training, online video lessons, and any private lessons you have previously purchased.
- You can choose to freeze your membership (billing or prepay). Please request this by emailing email@example.com or text us at 818-564-7839. We will freeze your membership for two weeks and it will automatically unfreeze and resume at the end of that period. If normal classes have not resumed at that point please contact us again to refreeze.
- You can choose to cancel your membership (billing ONLY). We are still as dedicated to providing the best self defense and martial arts for our community of Montrose. We will be here when it calms down, still offering world class instruction and facilities. We hope you will trust in us and stick with us through this time of upheaval. However, if you do decide you must cancel please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating so. Remember, if you cancel you are always welcome back, but we hope you don’t cancel at all since this will be taxing for us but understand that if you cannot work you also cannot pay.
For the small group training we are offering select times every day starting on Monday March 16th. You should train with the same group each time. They should be people who are family members or friends who have not traveled in the past 2 weeks, have no symptoms of sickness, and have not attended any events or gatherings of 50 people or more. These training times will be available only to those who don’t cancel or freeze their memberships.
We will notify daily the times available for these classes via email, Facebook post, Instagram post, and Google or by direct message.